Sunday, June 24, 2018

modal in grammar | all you need to know

models in grammar.

Can

 

the modal can is used  for the ability
I can speak English.
I am able to speak English.

the modal can is used  for  power
I can lift 50 kg at a time.

the modal can is used  permission
You can go now.
You cannot enter my room.
Can I help you?
Can I take your scooter?
I cannot come tomorrow.

the model can is used  in rough language
Can I use this marker?

 
the  modal May is used  in  polite request
May I use.

the  modal Would is used  in  very politely request
Would I use?

may


the  modal  may is used for less possibility
Rain may fall.
He may arrive.
We may come tomorrow.

the modal may is used for  permission
May I come in sir?
Yes, you may come.
I may be allowed to play.

the modal may is used for wish
May you live long?


Will


the modal will is used to show  intention
I will kill you.

the modal will is used to show determination
I will get job definitely.
I will knock this time.

the modal will is used for the promise
You wait I will come back.
I will not be able to come tomorrow.
I will help you come what may.
I will work hard and score good marks.
I will punish you.

the model will is used  in future tense
I will have to finish this work.

will change into would in reporting verb
He told that he would shake my world.

the model may is used for the remote possibility, very less possibility
Rain might fall.
That lady might be a thief.
Pm modi might be the next pm of India.
Don’t lean against the wall.it might collapse.
He might pass the exam but be seeing his intelligence, I do not have much hope.

may change into might in reporting verb in past tense
He said that he might join bjp party.
The meteorological department predicted that rains and thunderstorms might continue.

shall


the model  lest is used in future tense
I shall meet you.
Shall I go?
I shall go to college tomorrow and he will come with me.
You shall leave the room at once.
You shall be rewarded.
Trespassers shall be prosecuted.
You shall be here before 5 p.m. for the meeting.
Shall we talk to the management.?

must


the model must is used for strong possibility
Pm modi must be the next pm of India.
He stays in a five-star hotel and travel by flight. He must be very rich.
India must be corruption free country.
You all must be the disciplined student.
The whole world must be peaceful.
You must inform the entire students.

must


the model may is used for necessity.
It must be your pen.
You must be an honest citizen of India.
The entire students must be informed.
It must be done.
You must be told.
You must have done it.
It must have been done by you.
I must be helped to finish the work.
They must help me finish the work.
We must take it.
He who wants to succeed in life must be prepared to work hard.


Would


the modal would  is used  for preference
Sir what would you like to take.
I would like to tea.
I would like to go to Spain.
I would like to sleep in that room.
He would be sleeping.
the modal would  is used  for the polite request
Would you give me your pen, please?
Would you help me?
I would like to talk to the manager.
I would go to school by bus.
He hoped that he would pass the exam.
He hoped that he would pass.
I told my entire student that I would quit this country.
I wish, I India would become a developed country.
If I had been a doctor, I would help him.
If I were you, I would never trust him.
I used to go to school by bus, I would return on foot.
We played for hours before returning home.
He said that he would go there.
He assured her that she would pass.
Mr. Smith would have joined Indian army.

would rather


the modal would  is used  for    preference
He would rather die than beg.
I would rather die than join the gang of terrorists.
I would rather take tea.

could


the modal could is used the strong possibility
Pm modi could again the next pm of India. (here could show future sense)
You could get a job.
There could be a bomb under your seat.

the modal  Could  is used  permission
Could I talk Mr. Shukla?
The doctor could not save the patient.
The doctor was unable to save the patient.
I could score good marks.
I could have scored good marks.
You could have changed my life.
I could have brought this building.
You could have passed ibps.
It could have been done by me if she had told me.

Should

the modal Could  is used for suggestion
You should study English.
You should not laugh at others mistake.
You should understand your friends.
You should have worked hard.
It should be done.
You should be an honest citizen of India.
A party should be organized.
You should have informed me.
You should have invited to me in your marriage.
He should have ignored.
I should have gone there.
We should have confidence.
You should have asked me to help.
You should have come.
I should catch.
I should be caught.
He should work hard.
We should seize opportunities as they arise.
One should always have something sensational to read in the train.

Lest
the modal  lest is used for suggestion
Take care lest you fall.
Help him lest he fails.

Ought to

the modal lest is used for suggestion
We ought to respect our friends.
We ought to love our country.
The good book ought to be read.

Used to
the model  lest is used for suggestion past habit
He used to come late.
I am used to sleeping at night.
I used to play with dolls when I was a child.

Let


the modal lest is used  for permission
Let me go.
Let me sing.
Let me speak first.
Let this work be done by him.


Had better


is used  for suggestion
You had better read this book.

Need not

You need not come tomorrow.

Dare

She does not dare to come home at night.
I dare not enter him to room without permission.

should have

I should have gone there.
The doctor could not save the patient.
I could have brought this building.
I could have scored good marks.
You could have changed my life.
You could have passed ibps.
It could have been done by me if she had told me.
model+be+ing
you shall be singing a song

you can read this article on facebook click here
you can read an article on passive voice click here