Sunday, June 24, 2018

helping verbs of past tense | all you need to know.

helping verbs of past tense. did was, were, had all the helping verb of past tense. in this article, so let's start learning.


helping verbs II FORM  in the simple past  tense

India got its freedom in 1947.
Pundit Nehru became 1st p.m. of India.
Yes, I killed Gandhi.
We reached the moon on 22nd October 2008.
Swami ji spoke openly and kept his view frankly.
Copernicus proved that the earth moves around the sun.
Yesterday I got up 5.30.
I came yesterday.
I went to school by bus every day.
I polished my shoes
I arrested.
I caught.
I got confused.
She feared that she would fail.
Yes, I took your responsibility.
I took pity on her.
I refused to marry you.
As it got fogger it became impossible to see anything.
I took the sharp knife and tore the paper.
As soon as soon as the CEO entered the office the union leader approached him and reported the matter to him.
We swiftly and efficiently controlled the damaged car.


helping verbs did

use of helping verb did in simple past tense, it makes a sentence negative


I did not accept her proposal.
Why did Pakistan attack India in 1665?
I did not know where they were going nor could I understand
No sooner did I find a bomb in the bus than I informed to the conductor.
I saw you but you did not see me.
Did you attempt the last question?
Did you accept his proposal?
He did make a mistake.


helping verbs was

use of helping verb  Was + noun


He was a king.
Once there was a farmer and he had four sons.
There was the flood in this region last year.
Yesterday I was in Goa.
The boy was almost to sleep when a ball fell across the garden.
No sooner was I informed about his arrival than I closed my shop and went to meet him.

helping verbs was  + ing

 

I was waiting for you.
She was running a very high fever and thus her mother took her to doctor.
It appeared as if they were going to kill us.

helping verbs was

 Was + verb iii form  [ passive voice ]


Gandhi was died by godse.
Laden was caught and killed.
India was divided into two parts in 1947.
The first election was held in 1952.
I was rejected in 2013 in the interview of RAS.

He was rushed to the hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The seminar was attended.
Our company was recently awarded.
People were relocated from the flood-affected villages
I was caught.
I was not selected.
I was arrested.

helping verbs Had

 Had + noun

I had a car in 1990.
If I had a gun, I would kill the entire corrupt leader.
If you had a car, you would go with me.
I would advise you to invest in our company through our profit declined last year.
Hindi film was certainly popular in the last decade.
No sooner had she reached there than I asked.
Hardly had I found a bomb in the bus when I informed to the conductor

Had + verb III form

 

He had not done any work so far.
The sun had set before we reached the village.
I had seen him before he stopped his car.
Before he understands anything the robber had fled.
I met him after I had finished my work.
By the time I reached the station, the show had started.
Ram’s father had grown this tree three years ago.
I had known him for two years.
They had hired a taxi.

Had been + ing

I had been waiting for you since morning.

Had been + verb III form

If she had been given a lot of money this work could have been done by her.
If I had been invited, I would have gone.
Had he been told about that particular task it would have been completed before its expiry?

helping verbs Had been + noun

If I had been a doctor, I would help him.

 Had To

India had to import red wheat from America just after its independence.

Had + sentence

 

Had Mr. Khan known about me? He would have helped me.
Had Mr. Smith invited I would have appeared.
Had he taken his degree five years ago he would have got a promotion by now
Had the police not reached here on time, the traders would have been robbed.
Had he not reached in time he would have missed a golden opportunity which comes once in a while.

[model] Could in the simple past  tense

 

I could sing.

you can learn helping verb of present tense click here
you can read this article on our facebook  page click here